Skip to main content

Loblaw springs into action with food drive


Loblaw and its banner stores kicked off its 2011 Extra Helping spring national food drive with the goal of raising $1.2 million and 1.2 million pounds of food.

“As Canada’s largest grocery retailer, we take seriously the responsibility to support the communities we serve with locally focused efforts like the Loblaw Extra Helping spring national food drive,” said Peggy Hornell, senior director, community investment, Loblaw. “We appreciate the efforts of our customers and their support for local food drives can help those in need.”

In Alberta, shoppers can donate non-perishable food items or make a cash donation, with 100% of food donated and 70% of cash donated going to local Alberta food banks. The remaining 30% of donated cash goes to support provincial food bank programs.

More than 59,311 Albertans need food bank assistance each month.

The campaign runs April 8-28.

This ad will auto-close in 10 seconds